- August 2, 2010
- Category: Press Releases
Date and Time of Release: 2 Aug. 2010
Date and Time of Incident: 31 July 2010, at approx. 9:21 pm
Subject: Drug Arrest
31 July 2010, at approx. 9:21 pm, an officer from the Sonora Police Department stopped a BMW on the 300 block of S. Washington St., for having suspended registration.
While the officer was speaking with the driver of the vehicle, another person claiming to be the owner of the vehicle walked up. This person was identified as Teresa Cruz, 34, of Angels Camp. A search of Cruz’s purse revealed, 6.6 grams of methamphetamine, 2.8 grams of marijuana, two class pipes with methamphetamine residue, along with other miscellaneous paraphernalia.
Cruz was taken into custody without incident and was transported to the Tuolumne County Jail. While at the jail, more methamphetamine was located wrapped inside a $20 bill, which was inside her purse. Cruz was booked for;
• Felony possession of a controlled substance
• Felony possession of a controlled substance for sale
• Felony brining a controlled substance into a jail
• Misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia
• Misdemeanor possession of Marijuana