Holiday Shopping Reminders
- December 3, 2014
- Category: Press Releases
Subject: Holiday Shopping Reminders
With the holiday season upon us, the Sonora Police Department would like to remind everyone to lock their vehicles and to keep all valuables within your vehicle out of sight.
Unfortunately, during the holiday shopping season, several daytime thefts occur from unlocked vehicles within the City of Sonora. Most of these thefts occur in the parking lots of retail businesses during daylight hours. Often, some type of valuable item is left in plain view, which catches the attention of a thief watching the parking lot.
The Sonora Police Department would like to remind everyone;
• Lock your vehicle when you leave it unattended, even for a few seconds.
• Always take valuable items with you or place them in the trunk, or another secure area inside your vehicle where they are not visible.
• Always park in a well light areas at night.
• Never leave your keys in the ignition or your vehicle.
• Never leave your vehicle running and unattended.
• Always report any suspicious person(s) who appears to be looking into vehicles or watching people coming and going from their vehicle.
• Always report anyone who is tampering with a vehicle.
By following these simple tips, it will assist you in safeguarding your valuables during this holiday season.
For more information contact the Sonora Police Department (209) 532-8141.