Date and Time of Release: 16 December 2014
Subject: Commendation Parade for Sonora High Volleyball Team
On Saturday, 6 December 2014, the Sonora High School Volleyball team won the Division IV State Championship in Southern California. This is one of the biggest athletic accomplishments in the history of Sonora High School.
Sonora High School will be holding a Commendation Parade to recognize the team’s State Championship victory. The parade will be held on Friday, 19 December 2014, between 1:20 pm and 1:45 pm; with staging occurring on School Street between 1:00 pm and 1:20 pm.
The Parade will start on School Street and turn south onto Snell Street. It will travel south on Snell Street to State Route 49 (Washington Street). The parade will then enter State Route 49 (Washington Street) and travel to the intersection of S. Washington Street and Stockton Road, where it will turn west onto State Route 49 (Stockton Road), and then north onto S. Green Street (City Street). The parade will then travel north on S. Green Street. There will be a brief ceremony at Courthouse Park before the participants return to the high school and disband.
As the result of the parade the following streets will be closed.
School Street, between State Route 49 (Washington Street) and Snell Street, from approximately 1:00 PM to 1:20 PM.
The following listed street closures will be from approximately 1:00 PM to 1:45 PM
• Snell Street, from School Street to State Route 49 (Washington Street)
• State Route 49 (Washington Street) from Snell Street to Stockton Road
• State Route 49 (Stockton Road) from the intersection of Washington Street to S. Green Street
• Dodge Street between Green Street and Stewart Street
• Jackson Street between Green Street and Stewart Street
• Bradford Street between Green Street and Stewart Street
• Linoberg Street between Green Street and Stewart Street
• Theal Street between Washington Street and Stewart Street
• Wycoff Street between Snell Street and Washington Street
• Green Street between Yaney Street and Bradford Street
No parking will be allowed on Green Street between Yaney Street and State Route 49 (Stockton Road) between 1:00 PM and 1:45PM.
Traffic is expected to be extremely congested because of the parade and other scheduled events in the downtown area. If you are not attending any of the events, you may want to avoid the downtown area to avoid frustration because of closed streets and heavy traffic. Traffic delays can be expected.