Trick Or Treat Safety Tips
- October 27, 2010
- Category: Press Releases
SONORA POLICE DEPARTMENT
Date and Time of Release: 27 October 2010
Date and Time of Incident: 31 October 2010
Subject: Halloween trick-or-treat tips _______________________________________________________________________
The activities associated with Halloween can be fun for the whole family, but requires specific safety precautions. Consider these safety tips for trick or treating to ensure a safe and fun Halloween for you and your children.
• Never allow children under the age of 12 to trick or treat alone. Older children should plan their route ahead of time so parents know where they are.
• Always carry a flashlight and send one with older children.
• Remind children to use sidewalks and to look both ways before crossing the street.
• Instruct children to only visit well lit houses and never enter a home to receive candy or a treat.
• Remind children to never approach a car, or accept treats from a person in a car
• Inspect your children’s candy before they eat it. Wrapped and sealed treats are the safest. Discard unwrapped or homemade treats, fresh fruit or anything that looks remotely suspicious
• Carry a cell phone and report suspicious houses and activities to your local law enforcement agency immediately.